Dolphin Tale

Dolphin Tale

Inspired by an amazing true story “Dolphin Tale” is a film about “Winter”, a rescued dolphin who has lost her tail in a crab trap, and Sawyer, the 11-year old boy who helps save her life. Sawyer meets her at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, a marine sanctuary where she lives, and rallies friends and family alike to save Winter by convincing a pioneering doctor to create a brand new tail and by raising enough money to save the sanctuary from closing. “Dolphin Tale” has a great cast including Morgan Freeman, Harry Connick Jr, and Ashley Judd alongside many wonderful animals. But the real star is “Winter”, who plays herself in the film, and today serves as a symbol of courage, perseverance and hope to millions of people.

Latest Reviews

1. Alen Barrun P.7 says:

Now Dolphin Tale was amazing and you should really watch this because it is the most saddest film I have ever watched! I’ve never watched it before which is a good thing because it will be much more exciting. It is also a true story. I’m really glad and I was so excited that I watched that film with my friends. Winter was my favourite character (winter is the dolphin) even though he didn’t talk much. It’s the best film I have watched yet. I obviously gave it 5 out of 5 because it is sad and it was happy at the very end of the film and also I gave it that because it’s the best and it’s a true story.

2. caolanP6 says:

This was one of the best movies i have ever seen. It was my first time so it was good. The best part was when Winter (the dolphin) as able to swim properly. i would give this movie 5 out of 5.

3. caolanP6 says:

I loved this movie it was my first time seeing it. My favourite part was when Winter was able to swim properly. My favourite person was Hazel’s dad (Mr. Clay)I would give it 5 out of 5.

4. `aoife collins P5 says:

I have watched this film many times before. This film is about a dolphin called Winter who lost her tail when she was caught in a crab net. She was rescued and taken to hospital. Winter was not able to swim properly because she had lost her tail. Dr. Clay, Hazel, Sawyer and Phoboe tried to help her. Sawyer’s cousin Kyle was in the army and was injured. Sawyer went to visit him. At the hospital there was a doctor who made prothetic legs and arms and Sawyer asked the doctor to make a tail for Winter. My favourite part was when the girl in a wheelchair came to visit Winter. My favourite character was Winter. I give this film 5 out of 5

5. erin collins P5 says:

This is a true story about a dolphin called Winter. Winter lost her tail when she was only 3 months old. She was found on the 10th of December 2005. A doctor made her a prosthetic tail and she was able to swim again. You can see Winter at seewinter.com. This is one of my favourite films of all time and I give it 5 out of 5.

6. Eoghan P.7 says:

I thought “Dolphin Tale” was an extremely sad film but I still loved it. My favourite character was Winter because it just looked really cute.My favourite scene was the end of the film because everything turned out well. I would love to watch this film again.

7. Emma P.6. says:

Dolphin Tale was a good movie. It was a bit sad when Winter was sick. I loved the bit where everyone came and they had a race. It was a good movie and I would watch it again.

8. Niamh Monaghan P7 says:

I thought “Dolphin Tale” was outstanding and extremely sad.I had never seen it before so that made it better.My favourite bit was the last part when they had the carnaval. My favourite character was Winter (the dolphin). I would recommend this film to anyone.

9. Ciara Harkin P.5. says:

I had seen this film at the cinema before but it was still really good. I really enjoyed Dolphin Tale it was so good. It was sad when it had a new tail but she didn’t like it. My favourite part was at the end when Winter got a new tail and she liked it. My least favourite part was when Winter had to get her tail cut off. This is my favourite film so far.

10. Niamh Harkin P.6. says:

I have seen this movie before in the cinema but I still really liked it.My favourite part was when loads of people came to watch two people swim and then a dolphin named winter took over for a person named Kyle and won. My other favourite part was when winter got better. My least favourite part was when winter didn’t like her new tails and broke them. I think this was the the best movie I have watched at film club so far.